Adorably Healthy Easter Treats
Healthy Easter Treats
We at MAC’s Lash and Skin Studio want you, your family, and friends to have a FABULOUS Easter and spring celebration! We know how difficult it can be to find and/or make creative and tasty Easter treats all while not having them too unhealthy for EVERYONE, so we put together some amazing recipes for Easter treats you can make for and even with the family!
Kids aren’t always quick to reach for a carrot snack, even if it’s the bunny’s favorite! Try these “faux” carrots which are strawberries in disguise!
- Fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- Yogurt (vanilla is used in the recipe, but any flavor works!)
- Orange gel food color (unless yogurt is orange)
- Wax paper
- Place a sheet of wax paper on a plate, cookie sheet, or surface that will fit in the freezer.
- Mix orange color into yogurt, then dip strawberries in them and place on wax paper.
- Freeze for 20 minutes or longer, then pull them out and re-dip to get a thicker orange layer with no red showing through.
- Freeze for another 20 minutes, or longer if you desire a delicious frozen Easter treat!
- Enjoy! <3
Easter Egg Breakfast Popsicles
The kids will LOVE to help make these delicious, adorable, and nutritious Easter treats that you can enjoy for breakfast or any other time of the day!
Ingredients (to make 6)
- 500g yogurt (any flavor or multiple flavors)
- Handful granola
- Handful blueberries
- Handful raspberries
- Egg-shaped silicone mould or muffin cups
- Lollipop or cake pop sticks
- Place a dollop of yogurt into each egg in the mold, filling it about a third of the way. Push chunks of granola into the yogurt, then add some blueberries and raspberries.
- Place a stick into each egg compartment and fill the egg with yogurt, being sure to cover to fruit and stick.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Once frozen, pop the eggs out of the mould and place on a plate. Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften, then serve immediately.
- Enjoy! <3
This snack is absolutely beautiful to look at and unlike its prior recipes, is a SAVORY treat for everyone to enjoy, with ingredients that can be picked from your own garden!
Ingredients (for 15 tulips)
- 15 large cherry tomatoes
- 16 stalks of chives
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut across the top of each cherry tomato with the stem side down, about ¾ down the tomato.
- Using a spoon, gently scrape out the tomato seeds.
- Then use a toothpick and make a hole where the stem currently is. You may need to twist the skewer or toothpick used in a circle a few times so the chive can fit through.
- Finely chop or grate cucumber.
- Mix cream cheese, cucumber, and basil in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a teaspoon of the mixture into each tulip (adjust depending on tomato size).
- Insert a chive into the hole at the bottom of each tomato and use a damp paper towel to clean any excess cream cheese from the tomato.
- Prepare the tulip bouquet on a large platter. Use extra chive stalks to wrap around tulip stems to complete the bouquet.
- Enjoy! <3
Cheese and Cracker Chicks
This snack is EXTREMELY simple to make, especially perhaps for an Easter school party for the kids, or just a fun snack at home!
- 2 large whole wheat crackers
- 2 slices of cheese (marble or cheddar_
- 1 baby carrot
- Handful of spinach leaves
- Black gel food coloring and a toothpick
- Using kitchen knife or smaller cookie cutter if available, slice cheese into circles that are slightly smaller than your crackers. Place cheese slices on each of your crackers.
- Slice three thin rounds off your baby carrot, two of which will be the chick’s feet. Cut a triangle out of the third round for the chick’s beak.
- With the remaining baby carrot piece, slice thin strips lengthwise (about six of them) for the chick’s head feathers.
- Grab a handful of spinach and place around the chicks for added nutrition and color,
- Using a toothpick and tiny bit of black food coloring gel, dot two eyes on each chick.
- Enjoy! <3
Bunny Butt Cake
The last recipe we found and want to share with you just might be the cutest and sweetest yet! This adorable fruity cake shaped like the Easter Bunny’s butt is sure to evoke smiles and giggles from everyone after Easter dinner!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter or coconut oil, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 large strawberry, sliced
- 6 small blueberries
- To prepare cake: Position racks in the middle and upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 3 ( ½-cup) muffin cups with paper liners. Coat a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar and butter (or coconut oil) in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined after each addition. Add lemon zest and juice; beat until combined. With the mixer on low, alternately mix in the dry ingredients and buttermilk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed, until just combined.
- Fill each prepared muffin cup halfway with the batter, then add the remaining batter to the prepared cake pan. Place the cake on the center rack in the oven and the cupcakes on a rack above it. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes for the cupcakes and 30 minutes for the cake. Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare frosting: Combine cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- To assemble and decorate cake: Halve the cake vertically. Frost the top of one half and set the other half on top. Stand the layers upright on their cut end. Trim ½ inch from the bottom of one of the cupcakes, then use a toothpick to attach it, cut-side down, to the top center of the cake for the bunny tail. Use more frosting to cover the cake and cupcake. Sprinkle with shredded coconut.
- Frost the two remaining cupcakes. Use toothpicks to attach them to the bottom of the cake. Press a strawberry slice and three blueberries into each cupcake to create feet.
- Enjoy! <3
Happy Easter from MAC’s Lash and Skin Studio!!!
Adorably Healthy Easter Treats was last modified: April 16th, 2019 by Abby