Lovely Healthier Valentine’s Day Treats
This Valentine’s Day, try making your own lovely, festive delicacy that may even be quite healthier and even more meaningful than store-bought chocolates! Whether given as a treat or gift or added to an entire romantic Valentine’s Day meal, these treats are sure to have you falling for them!
Strawberries Stuffed with Love
- 3 dozen large, fresh strawberries
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- Grated dark chocolate
- Remove strawberries’ stems and cut a large “X” into the tips. Gently spread the strawberries open.
- Beat the cream cheese, confectioner’s sugar, and almond extract in a bowl until light and fluffy. Fill each strawberry with about 2 teaspoons. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired.
- Chill until serving, and enjoy! <3
Boujee Berries N’ Jelly
- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 4 cups champagne
- 2 cups sparkling grape juice
- 3 cups fresh raspberries
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- In a large saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand 2 minutes. Add sugar, then cook and stir over medium-low heat until gelatin and sugar are dissolved. Remove from heat and slowly stir in champagne and grape juice (as long as you and your potential treat-sharers are of age of course!).
- Transfer to a 13x9 inch dish covered in cooking spray. Refrigerate while covered for 8 hours. Break up the champagne jelly with a potato masher, then layer the jelly and berries in 12 dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least 2 hours before indulging! <3
A Kiss of Peanut Butter (Gluten Free!)
- ¼ cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1 ¼ cups packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 milk chocolate kisses, unwrapped
- Beat shortening, brown sugar, and brown peanut butter all until blended. Then beat in egg, applesauce, and vanilla (mixture will appear curdled). Whisk rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another bowl. Beat into creamed mixture. Refrigerate, covered for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375. Shape dough into 48 1 inch balls. Pace 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until slightly cracked. Press a chocolate (dark chocolate for a healthier option) kiss in the center of each. Cool on pans 2 minutes.
- Enjoy! <3
We hope you and your valentine or galentines are inspired by these lovely little treats to make some of your own and share in some wonderful Valentine’s Day memories!
MAC’s Lash and Skin
Lovely Healthier Valentine’s Day Treats was last modified: February 12th, 2019 by Abby