Microcurrent 101: What is it?!
Microcurrent: What is it? What does it do? What are the benefits?
Sit down, let’s chat. Let’s chat about microcurrent. What is it? What are the benefits? How much does it cost? Let’s get into it.
First let me ask, who wants more firm, youthful looking skin? (I’m raising my hand, too.) Who dislikes working out? (I’m raising my hand, shamefully.) Who wants more firm, youthful looking skin WITHOUT working out?! Me! Welcome to microcurrent!
What is Microcurrent?
Microcurrent is a noninvasive, FDA cleared procedure that utilizes electrical signals, similar to the body’s naturally occurring signals while the body is repairing damaged tissue. The use of these electrical signals has been proven to stimulate cell growth and rejuvenate aging skin (7eWellness.com). The microcurrent device emits safe and painless impulses into the muscles of the face and neck to “re-educate” and restore the muscle. The current builds the energy of the cells, also known as ATP, to tone, firm and lift the facial muscles and skin.
What are the Benefits of Microcurrent?
According to 7eWellness, there are several benefits:
- Anti-aging: the microcurrent stimulates the existing collagen, therefore, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduction of scar tissue: microcurrent assists in breaking down the build up of scar tissue resulting in the reduction of the appearance of stretch marks or acne scarring.
- Microcurrent assists in anti aging by lifting and toning the face by shortening the elongated muscles of the face.
- Microcurrent works to relieve and relax the corrugated (muscles located between the eyebrows) muscles in order to reduce fine lines.
- Microcurrent boosts the elastin protein and collagen production to provide a plumping effect on the tissues of the face.
- Reduces the appearance of “droopy eyelids”.
- Can reduce dark circles and puffiness around the eyes.
- Tightens and reduces the appearance of open pores.
- Improvement of skin color and texture.
- Improves blood circulation.
How Often Should I get Microcurrent?
As with most procedures, all results vary. The results from the microcurrent vary depending on age, skin condition and the hydration level of the skin. For older clients, it is recommended that a microcurrent procedure is performed 2 – 3 times per week. For younger clients, it is recommended once per week, then a general maintenance appointment to maintain the best results. Visible dramatic results may be visible after the first treatment on some, however, typical results are cumulative and improve with each treatment performed.
Reviews and Results:
At Mac’s Lash & Skin, we have the honor and privilege of providing this amazing service to our clients. With each client, we see different skin conditions and various ages but, we always see mind-blowing results. We repeatedly hear that our clients experience a tighter feel to their skin after their procedure and a more youthful appearance.
Stop in to Mac’s and ask about our special pricing and schedule an appointment to receive this amazing procedure today!
Microcurrent 101: What is it?! was last modified: February 4th, 2019 by Abby