Appetizer Ideas for Christmas Dinner
Merry Christmas from us at MAC’s! We want to share these delicious appetizer recipes for Christmas dinner with you. Your friends, family, and you will certainly be grateful and obsessed!
Pull-Apart Christmas Tree
- 1 lb. refrigerated pizza dough
- Egg wash
- 7 mozzarella sticks
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Marinara, warmed for serving
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1″ pieces and set aside.
- On a floured surface, divide pizza dough into 2 pieces. Stretch and roll each into a long rectangle, then cut the dough into 33 2” squares.
- Wrap a dough square around each piece of mozzarella forming a tightly sealed ball.
- Place these seam down on baking sheet lined in the shape of a Christmas tree, touching. Brush egg wash on dough balls and bake until golden, 15-20 minutes.
- While this is baking, whisk together melted butter, parmesan, and herbs. Brush on the baked pizza balls. Serve with marinara dipping sauce.
- Enjoy this cheesily delicious tree treat!
Cranberry Cheese Ball Bites
- 12 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- Rosemary, cut into 3” pieces, bottom leaves removed
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar, parmesan, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and stir until all ingredients are evenly mixed. Form in 18 small balls and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Roll the balls in cranberries and insert a sprig of rosemary into each ball. Serve. If waiting to serve, cover with plastic wrap and put in the fridge. Always let sit in room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy these cute balls of herb-y cheesy goodness before dinner!
Ham & Cheese Rolls
- 1 (8 oz.) tube crescent roll dough
- ½ lb. deli sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 oz. sliced swiss cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cover an 8 x 8” baking pan with cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the dough and separate the sheet into rectangles. Pinch the perforations to seal.
- Spread mustard onto each rectangle. Top with sliced ham and cheese. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle. Pinch edges to seal. Cut each roll into 5-6 slices. Place cut side up in baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic powder, and parsley. Brush over pinwheels, then sprinkle poppy seeds on top. Bake until golden, about 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy these delicious, savory rolls before dinner!
Enjoy these amazing recipes this Christmas, but be sure to not let your guests get too carried away and full on these yummy appetizers before dinner! 😉
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
MAC’s Lash and Skin Studio