Healthy Holiday Party Treats
For the holidays being here with special occasions and parties coming up, everyone is looking for a fun holiday treat to bring for all to enjoy. Try out these HEALTHY holiday treats to serve anyone and surely impress!
We know pudding to be a cozy holiday staple- it’s literally in Christmas SONGS! Try this recipe for a unique, healthy, vegan take on traditional pudding.
- 16 Medjool dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak the dates in a cup of hot water 5-10 minutes or until soft, then drain
- Process dates, avocados, milk beverage, cocoa powder, maple or agave syrup, vanilla, and a pinch of salt in a food processor until creamy
- Refrigerate about three hours or until cold. Garnish with berries or an extra pinch of salt!
Cranberry Orange Punch
Give your guests or fellow party-goers a special, super refreshing drink that’s different and superior to typical canned sodas!
- 2 (2 quart) bottles cranberry juice (no-sugar-added but sweetened with fruit juice)
- 1 (1 liter) bottle chilled club soda
- 6 cups orange juice
- Oranges, thinly sliced for garnish
- Fresh cranberries
- Mix the ingredients (minus the fruit garnishes) in a large punch bowl.
- Cover and chill for 4 hours.
- Put the cranberries and orange slices in and enjoy!
Roasted Butternut Squash Hummus
This hummus makes for an amazing, more savory appetizer or snack at any event and can be garnished to really capture the cozy holiday spirit!
- 1 ½ cups roasted butternut squash
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil + 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/16 tsp cumin
- freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425
- Cut butternut squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Rub 1 tsp of olive oil over insides of butternut squash (1/2 tsp on each)
- Place olive oil-rubbed-side down on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cooled, scoop out 1 1/2 cups worth.
- Add butternut squash, 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, chickpeas, tahini, garlic, lemon and water to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Add in spices and blend until well-combined.
- Serve with veggies, crackers or dipping of choice.
Happy eating, happy health, and happy holidays!
MAC’s Lash and Skin Studio
Healthy Holiday Party Treats was last modified: December 13th, 2018 by Abby