If you perform any research about how to keep your skin looking youthful, you’ve definitely come across microdermabrasion. With millions (yes, literally) of microdermabrasion procedures done a year, it has quickly become one of the most popular cosmetics procedures in the United States.
What is this popular, safe and quick procedure you ask?
Well, let me tell you! Microdermabrasion is a skin exfoliating treatment that uses crystals and vacuum suction to remove a few of the top layers of the skin called the stratum corneum. Think of it like brushing your teeth, microdermabrasion helps to very gently remove the ”plaque” and skin debris. Human skin generally regenerates in approximately 30 day intervals and needs to be treated every two to four weeks in order to see continued improvement.
Here are a few fun facts that might help you make the decision to get this procedure done:
- Microdermabrasion has been shown to diminish fine lines, wrinkles and shallow acne scars. (Please keep in mind, results vary from person to person.)
- Microdermabrasion can help minimize and unclog pores.
- Microdermabrasion can decrease the appearance of superficial hyperpigmentation, age spots, and other superficial skin damage caused by the sun.
- By removing the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin, penetration of skin care products is said to increase by up to 50%. This also assists in a smoother makeup application.
- For many, microdermabrasion has been chosen over chemical peels and laser treatments due to its safe and more cost effective nature.
- Microdermabrasion assists with stimulating blood flow therefore increasing the nutrition being delivered to the cells. This can improve the skin’s elasticity and texture.
- Microdermabrasion only takes approximately 30 minutes and has no down time. It can take longer if other body parts are being treated.
- A series of 6 to 10 treatments is generally recommended for optimum results. A 2 week recovery period is recommended in between treatments.
Whew! That’s a good bit of information for you!
Here at Mac’s, we offer microdermabrasion for as little as $65/session. Really want to juice it up?! Add a treatment or signature facial. You can thank us later.
Thanks for reading. Happy Monday!
Microdermabrasion was last modified: November 26th, 2018 by Abby