Scrumptious Healthy Pumpkin Snacks!
If you’ve read our blog from last week on the plethora of amazing benefits for your skin and health that pumpkin ingredients have to offer, you know how surprisingly helpful pumpkin really is! There are so many easy recipes that include pumpkin, that can allow for some super healthy, nice snacks! You may have seen the cute post on our Instagram (@macslashandskin) or our studio’s Facebook page of the delicious pumpkin hummus our studio owner Maria made and loved:
Because my pregnancy cravings kicked in and baby Mac’s room is decorated in 🦒 I couldn’t resist this cute filter!! I decided to create my own dessert Pumpkin Hummus tonight! Guys!!! This is so delicious and it’s healthy (except for the graham crackers)
🎃 1 can chickpeas – rinsed really well and put in the microwave to warm for one minute just so they process smoother.
🎃3/4 can of pumpkin
🎃1/4C pure maple syrup
🎃enough cinnamon for your liking
Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Enjoy with your choice of cracker. I chose gluten-free graham crackers! I am totally satisfied 🤗
BTW did you know we offer a pumpkin treatment facial that is packed with fruit enzymes and AHA’s which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin. It also contains antioxidants Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging. Eating it can also help to reverse UV damage and improve skin texture.
A cup of pumpkin seeds contains 12g of dietary fiber! Not to mention the seeds have zinc that will help to control oil and hormones that cause acne! Try making this delicious cereal, European Muesli! (https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/36438/european-muesli/)
🎃1/2 cup wheat germ
🎃1/2 cup sesame seeds
🎃1/2 cup sunflower seeds
🎃1/4 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
🎃1/2 cup chopped cashews
🎃1/2 cup chopped almonds
🎃1/2 cup shredded coconut
🎃1/2 cup rolled wheat
🎃3 cups rolled oats
🎃1/4 cup oil
🎃1 ¼ cups honey
🎃1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, mix together wheat germ, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, cashews, almonds, coconut, rolled wheat and rolled oats.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix oil, honey, and vanilla. Cook and stir just until the mixture is hot. Stir into the wheat germ mixture.
- Spread the mixture on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven, stirring approximately every 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Enjoy this delicious, healthy yogurt topper or dry cereal!
Pumpkin also contains fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids that keep the skin bright and smooth. Try this refreshing smoothie with natural pumpkin puree! https://www.foxandbriar.com/healthy-pumpkin-pie-smoothie/
🎃1/2 frozen banana
🎃1 cup pumpkin puree, frozen
🎃1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
🎃2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
🎃1 tablespoons old-fashioned oats
🎃3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
🎃1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
🎃1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
🎃1/8 teaspoon salt
🎃optional whipped cream topping
- Add frozen banana, pumpkin, yogurt, maple syrup, oats, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla, salt, and almond milk to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and nutmeg if desired.
- Enjoy! Happy (healthy) fall!!
Scrumptious Healthy Pumpkin Snacks! was last modified: November 15th, 2018 by MAC