It’s Tick Season
What is Lyme disease?
Lyme disease is caused by bacteria, Borrelia burgdorferi that are transmitted to humans through a bite from an infected black-legged or deer tick. Symptoms can occur anywhere from 3 to 30 days after the bite and can be wide-ranging, depending on the stage of the infection. In some cases, symptoms can appear months after the bite.
What are the symptoms of Lyme disease?
Early signs and symptoms include fever, chills, headache, fatigue, muscle and joint pain, and swollen lymph nodes — all common in the flu. In up to 80% of Lyme infections, a rash is one of the first symptoms.
Without treatment, symptoms can progress. They might include:
- Severe headache or neck stiffness
- Rashes on other areas of the body
- Arthritis with severe joint pain and swelling, particularly in the knees
- Loss of muscle tone or “drooping” on one or both sides of the face.
- Heart palpitation or an irregular heartbeat
- Inflammation of the brain and spinal cord
- Shooting pains, numbness, or tingling in the hands or feet
When it comes to outdoor protection, no defense is better than Mother Nature’s offerings. Among these are essential oils which provide a vapor barrier for plants, protecting them from potential threats in their environment. TerraShield Outdoor Blend contains powerful essential oils and other plant oils known to provide outdoor protection in a natural, safe way. This newly updated formula contains a select blend of essential oils including Ylang Ylang, Cedarwood, Catnip, Lemon Eucalyptus, Litsea, Arborvitae, Nootka, and Vanilla Bean Absolute—all of which possess specific chemical compounds known to protect against environmental annoyances. The addition of Tamanu oil provides added support and through doTERRA’s Co-Impact Sourcing®, the harvesting of Tamanu oil is positively affecting the livelihood of harvesters in Madagascar. TerraShield Outdoor Blend is a powerful yet safe formula that can be used by every member of the family, outdoors and throughout the home
- Apply TerraShield to the legs, arms, and neck before going outdoors or diffuse on your patio.
- Take TerraShield on camping trips or to outdoor events.
- Spray TerraShield around your door, window seals, and tent.
- Acts as an effective, natural barrier.
- Can be used safely by everyone in the family.
Fractionated Coconut Oil, Ylang Ylang Flower, Tamanu Seed, Nootka Wood, Cedarwood Wood, Catnip Plant, Lemon Eucalyptus Leaf, Litsea Fruit, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Arborvitae Wood
Herbaceous, woody, pungent