5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites
- ⅔ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine all 5 ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes so they are easier to roll.
- Roll into 12 bites and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 185
- Saturated fat: 2.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.6 g
- Sugar: 6.1 g
- Sodium: 69 mg
- Fiber: 3.6 g
- Protein: 6.3 g
Peanut Butter Energy Bites. Loaded with old fashioned oats, peanut butter, and flax seeds. A healthy protein packed breakfast or snack!
These energy bites are no bake, super easy to make and take less than 10 minutes to put together. Loaded with protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you full and loaded with energy throughout the day. Made with only 5 ingredients: peanut butter, old fashioned oats, flax seed, honey and chocolate chips. Everything gets combined in one bowl. Best of all you never have to turn on the oven.
It’s hard to believe these 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Bites are healthy. They taste more like dessert than a healthy protein bite. They are the perfect on the go snack.
The best things about this recipe are that it is super versatile. If you do not have flax seed on hand substitute wheat germ. Try dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet. Add in shredded coconut, cranberries or cocoa powder.
These Peanut Butter Energy Bites could easily pass as dessert. My batch lasted less than 24 hours. They are the perfect mix between a granola bar and cookie dough. Great to curb the afternoon munchies and the dreaded mid afternoon energy slump.
You can even freeze these Peanut Butter Bites if you don’t eat them all within a week.
These Peanut Butter Bites pack a lot of nutrition. Here’s the breakdown:
- Flax seed: Just 1 tablespoon of flax seed provides roughly 8 grams of fiber. Flax seed is also loaded with healthy fats, fiber, and nutrients.
- Peanut Butter: Filled with healthy fats and fiber. One serving of peanut butter contains 7 grams of protein! Perfect for a quick energy boost and to keep you full throughout the day.
- Old Fashioned Oats: Rich in fiber, protein, and nutrients. Old fashioned oats are a great way to sneak in extra nutrients. They are also known to reduce cholesterol.
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Bites was last modified: August 22nd, 2017 by MAC