Living Healthy Inside and Out
Banana Chocolate Chip Overnight Oats
Prep time: 2 minutes Yield: 1 large serving or 2 small
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (heaping) rolled oats
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 0-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 ripe banana, chopped or mashed
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Whisk together all ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Spoon into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Close and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight before eating.
- Make it vegan: Use plant-based milk, plant-based yogurt, dairy-free chocolate chips, and maple syrup for sweetener.
- Make it sugar-free: Drop the sweetener and use a whole banana.
- Make it gluten-free: Use gluten-free oats.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp with Zucchini Noodles
- 1 lb (450g) shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 + 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Juice of 1 1/2 lime
- 3 medium zucchini, spiralized or cut into noodles
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
1. In a bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, 1 tablespoon cilantro, honey, lime juice and lime zest. Add uncooked shrimp and toss to mix well. Marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, add the drained shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, flip, and add the marinade. Cook for 1 more minute and set the shrimp aside.
3. In the same skillet add vegetable broth to deglaze and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the zucchini noodles and cook until just tender, about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp and adjust seasoning. Toss everything and serve immediately topped with additional cilantro, enjoy!